Pork Ribs 2/22/16
I wanted to do some pork ribs in much the same manner that I did the last pork butt. I’ve never injected my ribs before and I thought this would be a good week to try it out.
1 Rack St Louis Style Pork Ribs
- Apple Juice Concentrate (Frozen)
- Garlic powder
- Red Wine Vinegar (half cup)
Cherry Chips - Amazon
Blues Hog Original - Amazon
Masterbuilt Electric - Amazon
- Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs
- Rinse and dry the meat
- Inject, make sure to saturate the meat on both sides.
- Coated the ribs with a light mayo covering
- Dusted the ribs with the combination of rubs
- Smoked at 270 for 3 hours uncovered, no water bowl.
These ribs were pretty good. They tended to be a little too charred on top in some places. Honestly this whole process was rushed. I didnt pull them off the smoker until 9pm and by this time I was about ready for bed. I want to try this recipe again with some tweaks. For starters it needed a water bowl to keep some moisture in the smoker. I want to try and get a spray bottle to spray them with throughout the process. (Using the marinade mixture).
Next time around these will get only 2 hours of straight smoke and will be wrapped and finished in the oven.